Re: Should any of the glibc-pre2.1 sparc patches be sent upstream?

At 02:19 +0100 1998-12-20, Christian Meder wrote:
On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 04:44:49AM -0800, Joel Klecker wrote:
>sparc-sigstack
>We _really_ don't want to see functions which rely on sigaltstack.

Hmm... not this one.

Unfortunately sigstack and sigaltstack aren't wrapped around. If you
compile programs which use sigstack on a 2.0.x kernel with a glibc
without this patch and the next one you'll produce broken binaries.

What I meant was that patch would have to be in the linux/sparc sysdeps if it were to be accepted at all.

>sparc-sigaction
>Correct return value when no oact is given to sigaction.

This one?

This one is really important and should go upstream. Without this
patch you get weird sigaction behaviour. Otherwise if you reinstall a signal
handler you get
Error: Success
messages. The routine returns -1 although there was no error.

OK, I will, using your description, submit this.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>