Should any of the glibc-pre2.1 sparc patches be sent upstream?

sparc-broken-bash
Work around the broken bash and signal handling on sparc.

Can you explain how this patch fixes what it apparently fixes? I don't understand how patching a timezone file accomplishes that.

sparc-chown             Sparc needs chown handling like i386.

This one will not be submitted because the i386 chown kluge is universally hated by the glibc developers. I did send one based on the powerpc chown solution used in glibc 2.1. I have yet to receive any response to it.

sparc-sigstack
We _really_ don't want to see functions which rely on sigaltstack.

Hmm... not this one.

sparc-syscalls
Fix to `getdomainname' and other syscalls in Sparc, and remove syscalls which
are only present in SunOS or Sparc/Linux 2.1.

Should the SunOS part of this be sent upstream? The 2.1-specific stuff is supposed to be wrapped around, and really shouldn't need to be hidden.

sparc-ldso
Fail safe on broken getcwd in 2.0.35 kernels for now.

OK, that's not going in.

sparc-sigaction
Correct return value when no oact is given to sigaction.

This one?
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>