Re: cvs problem

Tomas Berndtsson <tomas@nocrew.org> writes:

> I have a problem with cvs on a Sparcstation 5 running Debian. I don't
> know if the problem really is at my side though. I'm hooked up to the
> net via modem and when I run "cvs update", it sends some data over the
> modem, but after a short while, before any updating takes place, the
> modem always hangs up on me. This happens less often with small
> directories, but then too. It never happens if I do "cvs checkout".

I should add that I'm running the latest packages from potato.
cvs             1.9.29-1
zlib1g          1.1.3-2
libc6           2.0.100-2.1

I _just_ came to think about that I always use option "-z 3" to cvs,
i.e. compression. If I run without that, it works! So maybe the error
is in zlib somewhere.

Although, just trying to update the linux kernel from vger, it hung up
without compression too. I'm confused. :)

Tomas - tomas[@.]nocrew.org