RE: Installing on an IPC

Same here, however, I have 2 of these boxes.  One is 1.3, the other is
2.9 (from memory...[1]).  The 1.3 box suffers the same fate, the 2.9 one
works perfectly.  I am wondering what the situation is re copying the
PROM and giving someone a binary image to burn into a new one.  I have a
binary image, just haven't had the chance to get a new one burnt yet to
replace the 1.3 PROM (different EPROM sizes too... the 2.9 PROM requires
a 256k).

If it is not considered to be breaking copyright (let's face it, its not
like it will work in any machine hey?), I could make a binary image of
this available to anyone who might need it.

Regards
Michael Anthon

TAMS Systems

PS... I recently upgraded this box to the latest unstable packages.
While I had a little trouble with the upgrade process (which could have
been my bumbling), it is now running perfectly.  I can now switch quite
happily between X and the console, this used to cause the machine to die
in a screaming heap, requiring an L1-A and reboot.  Good work boys and
girls !!

[1] btw, is there a way to get the PROM version once booted.. I would
have thought that it would be in /proc/openprom somewhere, but I can't
find it