Installing on an IPC

I am attempting to install sparc-debian from sid onto a Sun IPC w/
prom version 1.6. and both a bw2 and cg3 frame buffer (the bw2 is not
used).  I tried to load the
ftp.debian.org:/debian/dists/sid/main/disks-sparc/1998-05-25 boot
disks, and tfpt image.  The root1440 disk was readable, said "uncompressing
kernel |/-\...  and then went to a totally blue screen where the
keyboard was dead (no alt-f1, no l1-a).  Had to reboot via the power
switch.

So I tried the tftp image - and it worked !  so I installed the system
via nfs, configered once with the openprom modules from fs and misc,
made a rescue disk, ran silo, and rebooted.  The bad news is that I get
the dreaded blue screen from either the rescue disk or the hard
drive.  Symptoms are exactly the same as above - power switch was the
only way to reboot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
		Jim Jensen	jensen+ds@clark.net