MTA on debian/slink/sparc

Hello

I've just installed a debian slink from ftp on my sparcstation5.
It looks like everything works, except the mail transfer agent (:()
I tried smail, but got bus error.
Next i tried sendmail, got error loading shared library undefined db_open
Exim doesn't exist :-O so i compiled one.
No, it not compiles (undefined db_open)...
What can i do?
(smail from sources still got bus error:()

Please help me somebody, cause this is very annoying.
If somebody online and can help i'm on irc (irc.funet.fi for exam).

Thank you!

                      .|o|bra@insomnia.jozsef.kando.hu|o|.
                      `|o|    iRCNeT:  bra@linux.hu   |o|'