Re: Net boot with tftp

On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 12:28:04PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:
>
> > any help is apreciated
> >

> Pad the file tftpboot.img to a multiple of 4 bytes long (with dd, for
> example.  Search this mailing list for good approaches.

I have a bit of documentation on this at http://rocheworld.dyn.ml.org/debian-sparc/

On another note: does anyone know how to do swap over the net for a diskless workstation?
I've got a cute little 386 w/ 8 Megs of RAM that I have netbooting, but it blows up trying
to uncompress packages during the install...