New to the game

I work at the University of New Orleans Department of Computer Science.
We recently recieved 3 670MP and two 470 SparcServers as a donation.
Since we are unable to run the current versions of Solaris on them and
we have very little interest in SunOS, we are looking into the
possibility of running Linux on these boxes (there is some very cool
distributed apps out there).  At this point, I have been told that linux
will not run on these boxes.  I am therefore looking for sources of
information and research on running linux on these boxes. Thanks in
advanced!!

                Richard N. Miller
rmiller@cs.uno.edu

                " Devil in a blue dress, blue dress ..."
                                                               - James
Carville