Re: Sparc status/my two cents

Derrick J Brashear writes:
 > >  I've been meaning to have a look at it, I just haven't had the time yet.
 > >  The repeat delay does seem rather short (I counted about 0.2 s), and
 > >  as far as I can tell it's kernel related (though, as I said, I haven't
 > >  really had the time to look at it yet).
 >
 > I can tell you:
 > -The code you care about is in drivers/sbus/char/sunkbd.c
 > -The interesting values:
 > static int kbd_delay_ticks = HZ / 5;
 > static int kbd_rate_ticks = HZ / 20;
 > -The interesting code bits are in sunkbd_inchar and and keyboard_timer in
 > aforementioned file (and in the ioctl handler, which appears to correctly
 > handle ioctls to change keyboard rates
 >
 > If someone with this problem has some time, try instrumenting the code with
 > printks and see what you can find out.

Thanks for the info. I certainly would like to recompile the kernel
and change those settings. But I don't have a sparc to spare. The one
which has linux installed have to serve a an X terminal so I can
compile things in the background. But with the "keyboard broken", I
have to switch it back to solaris.