Locating source

Hello,

First, please direct to another list if this is the wrong place to post
this.
I figured I would start here...

I have recently loaded Debian linux (hamm) onto my SS2. The install went
well. I used the 4mm/local hard disk/ftp method (if any one cares :)

I am a long time Unix user, long time developer, but a first time Linux
user.
So, naturally, the first thing I am trying to do with my new
environment,
is to build something. I decided to download the emacs20_20.2-6 stuff
from the Debian ftp site and try and build it. I get to the temacs -dump
phase,
and then receive a floating point exception error. This error is
occurring in the libm.so shared library.

Ok, now that I have bored you, here is my question... am I getting the
source for Sparc Linux from the correct place ? the emacs code I
downloaded was, as I said, from the debiam/hamm ftp site. I installed
the source using the dpkg-source module.

After the emacs episode, I then tried downloading the glibc-2.0.7s
module and
compiling it. I figured I should try and find out why I was getting the
FPE during my emacs build. Well, I can't build that either. It seems
there
is a header inclusion problem, etc., but I won't go into that now.

Anyway, sorry for the long message. I am very interested in getting my
hands
around and into the Debian code, and eventually maybe even contribute to
the
cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,