install disks segfault

Hi,

the install disks segfault for me most of the time making installation really
tedious.

Symptoms:

- kernel boots ok via rarp, tftp or boot floppies
- the color dialog comes up
- just before the color dialog comes up I get 4 segfaults
- most menu items produce segfaults
- changing to vt2 and trying the commandline reveals that almost every program
like ls, cat, ifconfig and so on does segfault 3 out of 4 times

This is a sun4m Sparc 10 with 128MB of RAM which are recognized correctly.

Any ideas what's wrong or did anybody experience similar things ?

Greetings,

				Christian
--
Christian Meder, email: meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de