install disks segfault
the install disks segfault for me most of the time making installation really
- kernel boots ok via rarp, tftp or boot floppies
- the color dialog comes up
- just before the color dialog comes up I get 4 segfaults
- most menu items produce segfaults
- changing to vt2 and trying the commandline reveals that almost every program
like ls, cat, ifconfig and so on does segfault 3 out of 4 times
This is a sun4m Sparc 10 with 128MB of RAM which are recognized correctly.
Any ideas what's wrong or did anybody experience similar things ?
Christian Meder, email: email@example.com
What's the railroad to me ?
I never go to see
Where it ends.
It fills a few hollows,
And makes banks for the swallows,
It sets the sand a-blowing,
And the blackberries a-growing.
(Henry David Thoreau)
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com