fakeroot problem

having been playing around with compiling binary sparc packages from the
debianised source packages, i've come across a strange problem with
fakeroot, and i just want to see if it's just me that's getting it or if
other folk have it too.

when using `build' in a debianised source tree, a large quantity (all) of
the fakeroot commands, after they've `completed', hang around in the
background and make off with large chunks of CPU time and file
descriptors.

is anyone else experiencing the same problem, or is it just me?

	-duncan