Re: X server status

>     In libc6-dev, version 2.0.93-980414-1 (from a mirror of Incoming),
> <sys/socket.h> includes <bits/sockunion.h>.  sockunion.h defines this massive
> union of all possible sockaddr structs for some reason (used for IPv6?).
> This union includes sockaddr structs for rose (<netrose/rose.h>, which in turn
> includes <linux/rose.h>, only found in the unstable kernels) and for
> AppleTalk (normally found in the libatalk-dev package, <netatalk/at.h>).
> Getting rose.h is easy, just download the unstable kernels.  Getting netatalk
> is a bit trickier, since netatalk won't compile (it needs a working
> <sys/socket.h> to build).

this same problem also prevents compilation of a number other packages
i've been trying to build, including the most recent apache, php3, apt,
and postgres...

this should be (imho) a fairly important area of concentration if we want
sparc/debian to keep up with the imminent (well... fairly imminent)
release of debian 2.0 for intel...

if i wasn't a complete neophyte on libraries i would offer to help - the
best i can do at the moment is finding compilation bugs and try to track
down their causes...

	-duncan