Re: New boot disks work!

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

:
: Yay!  With the new boot disks I was finally able to install Debian on my
: headless Netra.  The installation was really smooth.  The only flaw I
: noticed was at the stage "Install OS Kernel and Modules."  After picking
: floppy as the installation type, I was prompted to insert the rescue disk
: but the root disk which was in there before was not ejected.  Happily I
: had a portable peripheral ejection device (aka paperclip :-) handy and was
: able to continue.  All in all a very minor blemish on an extremely
: user-friendly piece of work.

Hmm, I've got a Netra I5 (headless) and I'm using the 25May disks to no
avail.  It doesn't matter whether I pass a console parameter or not; the
system won't accept input when it asks for a disk change.

Any ideas?

I'm going to mess around with the network install method and see if that
makes a difference.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104