silo & timeout

After I successfully installed a sparc using my new boot disks, I'm getting
troubles with silo:  it doesn't honour the timeout settings.  In effect, it
doesn't timeout, therefore I have to hit the enter key to boot the kernel :-(

I'm running the latest silo 0.7.2-0.1 (libc6).
The same behavior is shown on another sparc I installed with RedHat 4.2 & silo
0.6.?? (libc5).
Could it be related to serial console ?  Both of these sparc are using serial
consoles.  Or could it be the sparc2 the problem ?
The other sparcs I use (2 sparc classic) boot on their internal framebuffer
with no troubles at all.

Any pointer ?
Thanks in advance.