Re: libc6-dev & libgdbmg1-dev conflicts

James Troup wrote:
> Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:
>
> > I can upload a new release and forward this mail to the libgdbm
> > maintainer.
>
> No need; I read this list.
>
> > PS: I compiled amd (which is based on NDBM) with libc6's DB with no
> > troubles (just replaced the gdbm include by <db.h>).
>
> Did you actually test it, as opposed to just compiling it?

Hmm, no :-(( I toughth it was an internal feature of amd.  Now I read the doc,
I see how to use it.  Then I did some trial with no success at all :-(
Since I don't have time to fix it (don't know if it's a bug in amd or libdb),
I reverted back the linkage to libgdbmg1 and uploaded a new amd package.

BTW, I have had to copy the ndbm.h file from the gdbm sources to
/usr/include/gdbm-ndbm.h because it is not provided in the current
libgdbmg1-dev (1.7.3-23) package.
Can you fix this problem ?
Anyway, what should be done with the conflict between libgdbmg1-dev & libc6-dev
about libndbm.{a,so} ?