Re: SILO

> On Mon, Mar 23, 1998 at 10:04:18AM +0100, Davide Barbieri wrote:
> > [From a private discussion about silo]
> >
> > Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> >  > > I wasn't able to compile it.
> >  > > One problem appears when compiling second/main.c
> >  > >
> >  > > PAGE_MASK not defined; I simply add a #include <asm/page.h>
> >  >
> >  > This is not a bug in SILO. I bet you either have completely braindamaged
> >  > glibc headers or kernel headers.
> >
> > Yes, I really think that I have a messed up system. Anyway, I have
> > installed the latest version of glibc and kernel-headers.
> > I have also done, a fresh install, but the problem remains.
> >
> >  > I think it is not the right way to fix bugs in
> >  > other places than the sources they are in. I never use PAGE_MASK in SILO, so
> >  > I don't see why we should include it.
> >  > Actually, what kernel headers are you using? If it is because some kernel
> >  > header forgets to include <asm/page.h>, then it is a bug in kernel headers.
> >  > But as far as I remember, this was fixed in kernel headers a long time ago.
> >
> > I use kernel-headers-2.0.33
>
> 	It's a bug in kernel-headers-2.0.33, from sparclinux-2.0.33:
> you always have to include <asm/page.h> if you include <linux/elf.h>.
> But it shouldn't hurt.

Isn't it better to fix your kernel-headers package?
2.1.xx headers include asm/page.h already, recent 2.0.xx kernel's elf.h I
think as well (at least the one in CVS).
I will add it to SILO anyway...

Cheers,
    Jakub
Jakub Jelinek | jj@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University