How to help?

Hi,

We are installing Debian on a Sparc machine here.  I have noticed that
there are a number of packages for i386 Debian that are either missing or
outdated for Sparc Debian.  I am a maintainer of various packages under
i386, so I am familiar with how the Debian packaging system works.

I am able to easily grab the source packages for various things and
generate the deb for sparc.  My question is this: Is it possible for me to
upload these debs to master for inclusion in the sparc archive, even
though I am not a maintainer of those packages and don't want to be?  And
if so, what is the procedure for doing so?  Does dupload/release generate
the appropriate release messages?  Do I need to note something in a change
log or create a new "debian" version of the package?

Thanks,
John Goerzen