Re: Fw: ss1+ via serial port or monitor not working

At 18:28 2/18/98 -0500, Justin Maurer <mike911@clark.net> wrote:

> [...]

Hmmmm,

Seems to me that the prom needs some memory to work.  I'm not sure but I
don't think there is any other ram in a 1+ for scratch etc.  I have a 1+ at
my disposal, so will try and find the minimal amount of memory to make it
work.  Once you have some ram you should be able to use the prom stuff to
make anything else that you have work.  The prom can access all of the
attached equipment; SCSI, Ethernet, Floppy, HDD what have you.  You should
be able to boot off of any of them.

I first got my Sparc2 to boot from the network, and managed to get Sparc
Linux going that way with RedHat 3.03.  Later I added a Disk Drive, and a
(Bootable) CD Drive.  I have also installed RH4.1 to a ZIP disk formatted
as a SUN HDD.

Bill Edwards
bedwards@trytel.com