Re: libc6 status

 > 	Sorry, but that wouldn't work.  Current binutils don't work
 > if you include symbols beginning with `.' in the libc.map.  This is
 > (IMHO) a bug in binutils... I'm CC'ing H.J. Lu.
Argh:-(. I didn't know that. I'll forward this information to the
glibc lists.

Juan> The glibc development people are a bit quiet... there aren't
Juan> new versions yet, but I'm going to release a new version including a
Juan> patch for /etc/ld.so.preload handling (it doesn't work now), and that
Juan> library including .{u,}{div,mul,rem}

>> Whom are you contacting? I'm with the glibc team and asked already
>> some times for patches and didn't receive any answer at all:-(. As
>> I've told you already Ulrich Drepper who's mainting glibc is moving at
>> the moment and therefore not available (but should be soonish again).

 > 	Sorry, I didn't want to disturb you... all of you are doing a
 > very good job :)

 > 	I sent those suggestions to Miguel de Icaza, who is
 > (was?) the one who used to apply patches for Sparc on glibc, and
 > didn't get any answer.
I haven't heard anything or seen a patch from Miguel in glibc for
ages. AFAIK Richard Henderson is also looking at the sparc port. The
best way to get patches in is to send it directly to Ulrich Drepper
<drepper@cygnus.com> with a description why the patch is neccessary.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de