Re: boot-floppies progress

Stephen Zander wrote:

> Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:
> > However, to create the base archive, I need a libc6 release of dpkg, perl &
> > silo.
> > Anders, are you ready to upload dpkg ?
> > Davide, are you ready to upload silo ?
> > Anybody is working on perl ? Stephen ?
>
> Perl is waiting on two things:
>
> 1. Me to finish the install on the Sparc5 I have to the point where I can
> do development (which may be done)

I'm close to provide full boot files ready for installation.
I've even built a base archive, based on locally compiled dpkg & perl-base.
My perl has some troubles with loading modules.  I have to set LD_BIND_NOW=1
before running it, but it works enough for base installation.

I'm just waiting for silo, since I didn't succeeded to package it (in effect,
there is no problem at all to compile, even to run it, but it installs a bad
boot block which fails to load anything :-( ).  Davide <paci@debian.org> is
working on it.

Hmm, in the meantime, I could provide a statically linked version of the old
libc5 silo...

Bye.