Re: bad experiences with libc6 2.0.91-980111-3

Eric Delaunay wrote:
 > Hello,
Ciao

 >   I installed the latest libc6 packages & the dumb ld-2.0.91.so from Juan.
 > However, I cannot rlogin anymore to my sparc :-(
me too

 > I get the following error from the rlogin process:
 >
 > usr/sbin/in.rlogind: Symbol `_sys_errlist' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
on my machine it seg faults

 > (Hopefully I can still login from consoles or telnet).
this is not my case: login seg faults too

 > It seems to come from tcpd in netbase package.
 > (sed is another package which show me the same warning).
 >
 > Now I'm trying to build the latest netbase package (3.03-1) but it fails due
 > to some conflicts between bits/socket.h and asm/socket.h.
I have installed those packages, but I'm still stuck with the login and rlogin problem

 > Any experience on this topic is welcome.
 > Thanks in advance.
Ciao

--
Davide Barbieri - paci@linux.it - paci@debian.org (Sparc Debian)
PGP fingerprint =  CD 8D A9 1E DB 0C B0 16  F8 2F BF 63 52 49 8B A8