inital install & fdisk

Finally got 'round to installing Linux on my spare Sparc5. However, I'm
running into a problem that the odes are a little vague on.

No fdisk!

The readme mumbles about a cfdisk port from i386 to sparc. Has this been
done?  Are there any notes to help a brave soul (me) undertake such an
adventure.

I was especially suprised to see the dinstaal doc refering to partition
type 83. Is Linux/Sparc using i386 (I won't say MS-DOS) style
partitioning?

Thanks for any assistance.

Stephen
---
"Normality is a statistical illusion." -- me