Re: elftoaout? whats that?

> Johnie Ingram wrote:
> >
> > It might be a good idea for someone to package this program for hamm
> > -- apparently the kernel-package packager needs it.  I got lucky and
> > found a binary on my mirror of lix.
> >
> > (As is typical for sparc, there were no docs, copyright, or source
> > code, just a binary.)
>
> You can get sources at ftp.geog.ubc.ca ftp site (the main Sparc/Linux site?)
> or one of its mirror.  It has no copyright, just this header:
>
> /**
>  ** ELF --> a.out
>  ** Pete A. Zaitcev
>  **/
>
> BTW, I pushed it to my lix.polytechnique.fr under
> /pub/Linux/debian/sparc/tools-sparc/elftoaout_ID03c.tar.gz
>
> Maybe you can debianize it or better add it into the kernel package.

Just to clarify, ftp.geog.ubc.ca is not the main Sparc/Linux site, we
just mirror all the sites: (vger.rutgers.edu, sunsite.mff.cuni.cz,
redhat)  And as Tom (I think) mentioned there is a version 2.0 of
elftoaout.

Jim

Jim Mintha (mintha@geog.ubc.ca)    Home: (604) 731-7240
Geography System Administrator     Work: (604) 822-2174 Fax: 822-6150
                              Home Page: http://www.geog.ubc.ca/~jim/