Re: SNAPSHOT (stable) 980106

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Johnie Ingram wrote:

> Does anyone know if this also contains the "unimplemented syscall" fix
> and the patch so ld-linux.so.2 can accept programs on the command
> line?

As I sent in a message a few days ago, the "unimplemented syscall" is a
libc6 problem. It sees __NR_getdomainname in <asm/unistd.h> and assumes
that it can use that syscall instead of using the Linux-specific
implementation which is to call uname() and extract the correct
information.

Tom

P.S. Where is the libc6 code kept? Maybe I'll work up a patch for it ...