Re: elftoaout? whats that?

Johnie Ingram wrote:

> It might be a good idea for someone to package this program for hamm
> -- apparently the kernel-package packager needs it.  I got lucky and
> found a binary on my mirror of lix.
>
> (As is typical for sparc, there were no docs, copyright, or source
> code, just a binary.)

You can get sources at ftp.geog.ubc.ca ftp site (the main Sparc/Linux site?)
or one of its mirror.  It has no copyright, just this header:

/**
 ** ELF --> a.out
 ** Pete A. Zaitcev
 **/

BTW, I pushed it to my lix.polytechnique.fr under
/pub/Linux/debian/sparc/tools-sparc/elftoaout_ID03c.tar.gz

Maybe you can debianize it or better add it into the kernel package.

Bye.