Re: libc6 select problems?

woooohoooohoooo!!! yaaaaay!!!  Excellent work!

That's a *nasty* one.  I can even see why it sometimes worked -- in
the rsync code, the branch that does the select on one fd only happens
if the operation on the other fd blocked, and if it went one way, the
count was n+1 which was a valid fd, the other way it wasn't and the
EBADF happenned.

I've built a working kernel with this patch from the
sparclinux-2.0-971208 sources (and note that modules in that kernel
don't seem to work -- or at least NFS as a module doesn't...)

> 	I'm working on `strace'... there is a working version (in .rpm
> format) in ftp.nuclecu.unam.mx:/pub/Linux/Sparc-miguel (well, I cannot

Thanks.  Since then I've also noticed that the
vger.rutgers.edu:/pub/linux/Sparc/userland has a sparc strace rpm...

Now I just need to find sources for the debian build of silo (they're
not on ftp.debian.org, tsk tsk!) so I can patch it to understand
x86-byte-order root partitions...