Re: got new hardware

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Eric Delaunay wrote:

> PS: Did you see an announce about glibc-2.0 available for sparc?
>     Anyone tried it ?
>     Can we adopt it to replace our glibc snapshot ?

	I've seen it, but I think we shouldn't switch back to
glibc-2.0 now that 2.1 works (more or less).  IIRC, Ulrich didn't want
to include that patches in the official 2.0, and he is going to
release an alpha version of glibc 2.1 soon.

	Also, there are now many packages compiled against glibc 2.1
which probably wouldn't work with glibc 2.0.

--
Juan Cespedes