Re: beta-testers wanted for new libc6 snapshot

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Eric Delaunay wrote:

>   I compiled libc6 with success after I disabled new profiling scheme added
> to the dynamic loader.
> I uploaded binary packages to my local ftp site:
>   ftp://lix.polytechnique.fr/pub/Linux/debian/sparc/exp

	Could you leave anywhere the .diff.gz used to build it,
please?  I still haven't been able to build it.

> Now, I'm looking for beta-testers, especially to know whether tar still fails
> to run.

	Strange... `tar' fails only when used with more than 4
arguments... but that way it's unusable.

	Example:

root@groucho:~# tar
tar: You must specify one of the `-Acdtrux' options
Try `tar --help' for more information.
root@groucho:~# tar a
tar: invalid option -- a
Try `tar --help' for more information.
root@groucho:~# tar a b c d
tar: invalid option -- a
Try `tar --help' for more information.
root@groucho:~# tar a b c d e
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

	It happens *always* when using 5 or more arguments.

	The constructors still don't work.  This little program
doesn't print anything:

int f() __attribute__ ((constructor));

f() { printf("Hello, world!\n"); }

main() {}

	(it should display `Hello, world!\n').

	Other thing:  less_332-1 doesn't work always... sometimes it
fails with this:

root@groucho:~# ldconfig -v | less
less: error in loading shared libraries: : symbol .rem, version
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

	(but it may be a problem with `less'...)

--
Juan Cespedes