Re: Trouble with installation on SPARCstation 2

Dietmar Braun wrote:
> Owen Crow wrote:
> [...]
> > But, after the new partition (/dev/sda1) is mounted under /target, the
> > install utility will go no further.  I'm assuming I only need to mount
> > the new root partition to continue, right?  If I try to select "Install
> > O/S Kernel and Modules", it complains that I haven't mounted a root
> > partition.  Technically, I haven't because the new root partition is under
> > /target, but that's the way it's supposed to be, right?
> [...]
>
>              Hi,
>
> i had the same problem and found out that
> /sbin/dinstall calls  block_device / which segfaults because
> brw-r--r--   1 root     root       0,   1 Jun  6 13:52 /dev/nfs
> is missing in the root file-system.

yes, a simple mknod nfs b 0 1, corrects the problem

I had another problem when I start install the Kernel and configure
the modules; dinstall starts complain about the msdos module in order
to read the rescue image...

I took another kernel, and went on...

Now I have a plain debian installation; good, very good.

I installed the libc6, but wasn't able to install the libc6-dev,
because it need gcc-2.7.2-2; Eric, are you sure that I have only
to patch the gcc specs file?

Ciao

--
Davide Barbieri - paci@linux.it - paci@debian.org
PGP fingerprint =  CD 8D A9 1E DB 0C B0 16  F8 2F BF 63 52 49 8B A8