Re: Trouble with installation on SPARCstation 2

Owen Crow wrote:
[...]
> But, after the new partition (/dev/sda1) is mounted under /target, the
> install utility will go no further.  I'm assuming I only need to mount
> the new root partition to continue, right?  If I try to select "Install
> O/S Kernel and Modules", it complains that I haven't mounted a root
> partition.  Technically, I haven't because the new root partition is under
> /target, but that's the way it's supposed to be, right?

[...]

             Hi,

i had the same problem and found out that
/sbin/dinstall calls  block_device / which segfaults because
brw-r--r--   1 root     root       0,   1 Jun  6 13:52 /dev/nfs
is missing in the root file-system.

          Ciao
              Dietmar

--
Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi): Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western
Civilization?  Gandhi: I think it would be a good idea.