Re: glibc news

Eric Delaunay wrote:
> Well, I'm almost ready to upload the glibc-2 suite (libc6, -dev, -dbg, -pic,
> -doc, locales, timezones).  6-7h compile time on a SS5-70MHz :-((  And a lot
> of retries due to small bugs during compile to be able to get a clean Debian
> distribution.
> I'm currently building a nearly up-to-date binutils with libc6 (2.8.1.0.11).
> I will upload it along with libc6 packages, maybe tomorrow tonight.

YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! :-)

> Now I'm looking for developers who want to try it & compile more packages with
> libc6.

here I am!

Eric, I have an LX, on which I can try a debian installation
from scratch. Do you have compile enough package to try a glibc2 install?

Probably, our Italian Linux Society will buy a SparcStation 2 or 4,
which will dedicated to debian sparc porting.

bye

--
Davide Barbieri - paci@linux.it - paci@debian.org
PGP fingerprint =  CD 8D A9 1E DB 0C B0 16  F8 2F BF 63 52 49 8B A8