Re: Unidentified subject!

   From: Saji N Hameed <saji@cas.iisc.ernet.in>

	   I am getting a new UltraSPARC model 140 machine in my lab and would
   like to use debian as the operating system. Please tell me if it is
   possible to do so. Here is the brief configuration:

   64-bit UltraSPARC microprocessor @144 MHz, 64 MB RAM, 2 GB Fast SCSI HDD.
   UltraSPARC Port Architecture (UPA)
   TurboGX 8-bit Accelerator card
   Network: 10 Base T

I plan on doing the V9 stuff this summer, at which point I hope to
have the sun4m support at least up to par with the current sun4c code.
The problem is me getting my hands on an Ultra that I can hack on, all
of the machines we have at rutgers are for solaris beta testing for
Sun, and are in full production so punting them and developing on them
is not an option right now.

Note, sparc V9, as I discussed with linus, will be a seperate port,
arch/sparc64 and include/asm-sparc64 specifically.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu