Re: gnome..

Stephen Crowley <crow@debian.org> writes:

> Well I just started working on it myself today, only got as far as orbit,
> but it does seem to work. I'm doing to die if I don't get gnome running soon
> ;) 0.30 is getting stale. How far have you gotten? Maybe I can do a little
> while you are gone.

I've got orbit and gnome-libs mostly done.  Gnome-core shouldn't be
bad - except that some parts have been split off.

It's taking a bit longer than normal because I am trying to do it in a
way that will work well with doing daily (or weekly) snapshots.

I was feeling a bit ill this weekend, and I ran into more bugs than I
expected, so I didn't get it done.  :-(

There are some additional patches I want to add.  In particular, I
think we need to move /usr/share/apps to somewhere else so it doesn't
conflict with the KDE stuff.

I also want to write a small Gtk application that will list the window
managers in /etc/X11/window-managers and let the user select the one
they want to use.  Then it will set up gnome-session to start with
that window manager.

Cheers,

 - Jim