RE: [External] Re: Access snapshot.debian.org problem

Thank you. I will have a try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@debian.org>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 10:30 PM
To: Zhang, Haibin <Haibin.Zhang2@Honeywell.com>
Cc: Debian Snapshot Archive Team <debian-snapshot@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: [External] Re: Access snapshot.debian.org problem

Hi Haibin,

That's what both of those packages do.

Typically, you'd deploy another box to act as a cache for your entire organization and then configure apt on each machine to use that central cache as a proxy server.

But, since you only need this for yourself, you can set up the cache on your local machine and configure local apt to use the local cache.

Then, as you install packages locally, apt will pull the package from the cache. If the cache has the package (HIT), it serves the package to your apt (very fast). If the cache does not have the package (MISS), it fetches it from the real mirror and then saves it locally, then services it your apt.

Give them a try! Maybe start with apt-cache-ng. Here are a few more