Programmatically find out which Debian release should be used with a specific snapshot

Hi All,
I'm pretty new to Debian and I'm trying to understand if a particular
task can be performed or not.

I'm building a lot of docker images for specific packages versions,
some of which are quite old.

Using a simple script I can query the API and find out that the
snapshot 20160903T165608Z, i.e., installs perl-5.22.2-5.

How can I guess which Debian release I should use as a docker base
image to properly install that specific package?

Thanks,
Matteo Savini