Re: Debian snapshot.debian.org replica on the Amazon cloud?

Initially I was thinking the disaster recovery scenario. For that
everything just in Glacier would be acceptable.

If we want to start serving files from Amazon too (via http redirector
etc), we would need some way to know when a file is in Glacier and when
it is in S3. So when a file requested is only in Glacier, we serve the
file from a different replica and also send a 'restore' request to
Glacier so that the file can be served from S3 next time it is
requested. This could mean a lot of back and forth but we can adjust the
migration to more user requests per 'restore' request. So S3 would be a
cache of frequently/recently requested files.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise