gnu-song24-gbk: 自由/免费的中文 GBK 编码点阵字体 (BDF)

大家好!

  花了几天功夫,终于把 gnu-song24-gbk 这个自由/免费的中文 GBK
编码点阵字体制出来了!  ^_^  这个 BDF 字体主要是利用台湾行政院研考会
(RDEC) 及中推会 (CMEX) 著作及由华康科技设计的 Big5+ 标准文档及 24x24
范例字体,从 Big5+ 码转成 GBK 码,转成 BDF 格式后,空白的地方补以
X11 内附的 ISAS hanzigb24st 24x24 字体,和文鼎科技热心提供的公开授权
字体 (gbsn00lp.ttf 和 bsmi00lp.ttf),以及小弟再加修辑而成。

  现谨沿用 Arphic Public License 发行第 0.1 版,欢迎大家试用,
也请大家多多指教。  ^_^  RDEC/CMEX 的 Big5+ 字体因为依据台湾的
字模标准,所以不尽符合大陆的字体规格,例如「骨」字、「撑艇」部
的写法等,希望问题不大,也希望将来可以予以修正。(例如文鼎的字体
就相当符合大陆的规格,有空可以利用文鼎字体代替相关字符。我之前使用
XmBDFEditor 逐个字抄过去,实在很累人。 ^_^  当然,人手修改也可以,
不过功夫也不少。 ^_^)

  请到以下网址下载 (1,356,458 bytes):

	http://www.debian.org/~foka/gnu-song24-gbk-0.1.tar.gz
	http://auric.debian.org/~foka/gnu-song24-gbk-0.1.tar.gz

急著试用的朋友可以在 X11 里下指令:

	wget http://www.debian.org/~foka/gnu-song24-gbk-0.1.tar.gz
	tar xvzf gnu-song24-gbk-0.1.tar.gz
	cd gnu-song24-gbk-0.1
	make
	mkfontdir
	xset fp+ `pwd`

就是这样子了。 Enjoy!  :-)

			霍东灵 <foka@debian.org>
			Debian 中文计划
			http://www.debian.org/chinese/index.zh-cn.html

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada

--
| This message was re-posted from debian-chinese@lists.debian.org
| and converted from big5 to gb2312 by an automatic gateway.
(Note: This notice contains GB2312 Chinese characters.)

gnu-song24-gbk / -GNU-Song-Medium-R-Normal--24-240-72-72-C-240-GBK-0
  A free Chinese GBK-encoding 24x24 bitmap font (BDF)
  自由/免费的中文 GBK 编码 24x24 点阵字体 (BDF)
  Version 0.1 (2000-06-05)

Assembled from various sources, converted to BDF, and edited by:
  Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org> (霍东灵), Debian Chinese Project.
  Copyright (C) 2000 Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

Most of the glyphs are from the Big5+ standard and its sample font:
  Copyright (C) 1997, RDEC and CMEX; designed by DynaLab Inc.

The remaining glyphs were taken from:
  * -ISAS-Song ti-Medium-R-Normal--24-240-72-72-c-240-GB2312.1980-0
    Copyright (C) 1988  The Institute of Software, Academia Sinica.
    Copyright (C) 1996 X Consortium

  * "AR PL Mingti2L Big5" and "AR PL SungtiL GB" TrueType fonts
    (Rendered as 24x24 bitmap with FreeType 1.3.1 and X-TT xfs)
    Copyright (C) 1999 Arphic Technology Co., Ltd.

  * Revised or added by Anthony Fok using XmBDFEditor-4.3
    with reference to:
     - ccs16_1 16x16 GBK font (for Chinput) provided by
       Justin Yu <justiny@turbolinux.com.cn> (于明俭) of
       TurboLinux Chinese;
     - The Unicode 3.0 standard, including UnicodeData.txt,
       Unihan.txt, and glyph charts from http://charts.unicode.org/;
     - A GBK-to-Unicode conversion table found in UGBK.sfd of ttf2pk
       in FreeType-1.3.1.

Copyright:

    Rationale:
      This font contains glyphs from various font sources
      which are either under:

       1. public domain but please give credits (RDEC/CMEX/DynaLab);
       2. the X11 license (ISAS, X11);
       3. the Arphic Public License.

      Since the Arphic Public License is simultaneously the most
      "free" (as defined by the Free Software Foundation),
      the most "restrictive" and the most "inclusive" of the three
      licenses, this whole font is subject to the conditions
      stated in the Arphic Public License.

  Copyright (C) 1997 RDEC and CMEX; DynaLab Inc.
  Copyright (C) 1988 The Institute of Software, Academia Sinica.
  Copyright (C) 1996 X Consortium
  Copyright (C) 1999 Arphic Technology Co., Ltd.
  Copyright (C) 2000 Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

  This font is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
  modify it under the terms of the Arphic Public License.

  This font is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
  Arphic Public License for more details.

  A copy of the Arphic Public License may be found in the file
  ARPHICPL.TXT, which should be distributed with this BDF font
  file in the source tarball "gnu-song24-gbk-*.tar.gz".

Revision History:

  2000-06-05:  Version 0.1, Initial release.  - foka@debian.org

To Do:

   * Add any missing glyphs.
   * Verify with a canonical GBK<->Unicode table.
   * 0xA8BB - 0xA8C0: Is it "a,m,n,n,n,g" or "a,g,m,n,n,n"?
   * Revise various glyphs to conform to the font standards
     in Mainland China.  Perhaps we could merge more glyphs from
     the Arphic Public License fonts?

  If you would like to help, please send patches or write to:
  Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org> and/or the Debian Chinese

Related Links: (排名不分先后 / not in any particular order)

  行政院研究发展考核委员 / The Research, Development and Evaluation
      Commission (RDEC), Republic of China
  http://www.rdec.gov.tw/

  中文数位化技术推广基金会 (CMEX 中推会)
  http://www.cmex.org.tw/

  华康科技有限公司 / DynaLab Inc.
  http://www.dynalab.com.tw/

  中国科学院软件研究所 / The Institute of Software,
  Chinese Academy of Science (ISCAS)  (previously known as
  the Institute of Software, Academia Sinica (ISAS)?)
  http://www.ios.ac.cn/

  文鼎科技开发股份有限公司 / Arphic Technology Co., Ltd.
  http://www.arphic.com.tw/

  Debian 中文计划 / Debian Chinese Project
  http://www.debian.org/chinese/

  Software in the Public Interest, Inc. (SPI)
  http://www.spi-inc.org/

 -- Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>  Mon,  5 Jun 2000 08:22:55 -0600