Re: [thhsieh: IMdkit problem on OverTheSpot]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [thhsieh: IMdkit problem on OverTheSpot]
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:00:46 +0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] 200002090200.KAA02729@niet.webforce.com.hk>
- In-reply-to: <20000209093840.B5088@tlug.sinica.edu.tw>
- References: <20000201235339.A20097@tlug.sinica.edu.tw> <20000206013738.A20937@asunaro.dhs.org> <20000208001652.B17280@tlug.sinica.edu.tw> <389F74EB.93CA070A@coppice.org> <20000208120449.A24820@tlug.sinica.edu.tw> <20000208131011.A5242@asunaro.dhs.org> <38A022FE.7146ABA0@coppice.org> <20000209084917.A4724@tlug.sinica.edu.tw> <38A0BC5F.C97BBEC@coppice.org> <20000209093840.B5088@tlug.sinica.edu.tw>
On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 09:01:19AM +0800, Steve Underwood wrote:
> I was going to make this change last summer, but I didn't. My reason was that if this ever
> becomes a part of the XFree86 distribution they will want it in the imakefile format. I agree
> that as a part of xcin it is much cleaner to use Makefile.in.
Yes, I think so too. I plan to release xcin-2.5.2 soon (I hope so).
At this stage (maybe in the near future) xcin will itself contain
the IMdkit part, so it will contain the Makefile.in. But if there
are any new IMdkit upgration, I will also upgrade the copy in xcin.
I will wait for a while when everything seems settle down, then
actually saparate IMdkit from xcin.
But for the release/development of IMdkit in SoureForge, I think
this should be a good idea to keep the original Imakefile. I hope
that finally XFree86 can officially maintain IMdkit.
Besides, for a stand along IMdkit package, the shared lib building
should be opened (currectly in xcin it always build the static
lib). Further, should we have another mailing list to discuss IMdkit
[ This mail was originally sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ]
[ and was forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are ]
[ also converted to GB at the same time, Please note that there may ]
[ be errors during the conversion as this is not done by a human! ]