cut and paste for chinese in x window system

does anyone here has any success story on cut-and-paste chinese
characters between x clients, like gimp/xterm, netscape/emacs?
(the emacs maybe far too complicated here.)

i mean it _should_ work, while all people are only concering the xim
and/or X-TT and/or various coding standards
here right now. this _should_ _work_ _too_! what about it? please?

the points are:

1) the default debian settings for cut-and-paste behavior under x window
is to use CUT_BUFFER0 (as described in ICCCM, you can use

$ xprop -id 'root-window-id'

to get it. the problem is that CUT_BUFFER0 is a string type, can't being
used to describe chinese character, japanese as well, or as bad.

the solution, according to ICCCM, is that to use CLIPBOARD selection, or
PRIMARY or SECONDARY selection. you can use

$ xclipboard

to have a rough idea. But, but i have no way to get it run! (That
`bingo' yesterday evening was fault. //sigh) How can i use the CLIPBOARD
selection? That is the only way to use cut-and-paste for chinese under
x window system, AFAIK. 'casue the `selection' mechanism support
COMPOUND_TEXT. see xbooks/CTEXT in debian.

the point is that cut-and-paste _should_ work, for users. not only an
xim. please!

2) if it could work. then, we, not all users maybe, then may probably
willing to take another choice for inputing chinese and japanese and
korean and ... besides using XIM.

the reason is that, according to

$ man XGrabKey

the x window manager is just a perfect place to catch all user key press
_without_ the xlib to support xim, i mean the x clients then have no
needs to support xim, iff we can cut-and-paste CTEXT between x clients.
that will at least be a great fun, huh?

so, here it is. i, i think it should be we, really need it to work,
right? ;)

so, please if someone know how it could be done, please tell me.
if you could point me a proper place to ask, then please also tell me
or forward for me. thanks!

if i'm stupid, please tell me too. please! to shut me up for my own
good. ;) believe me, just like i believe you, we open source fans are
open minded. ;)

best regards,

P.s. yup, i'm lower-case-mania.

--
zhaoway -=- zw * zhaoway.com -=- http://www.zhaoway.com/ -=- blue ribbon
GnuPG 1024D/7C0441F2  BF4F B39D A53E A9BB 1057  2364 652C 1BA6 7C04 41F2