Re: Debian potato, zh_TW.Big5 locale not supported??

    Anthony> ﹛﹛The zh_TW.Big5 is still there, but is broken, as are other
    Anthony> locales.  (e.g. Perl is complaining loudly about my en_CA
    Anthony> locale.)  And lo and behold, there is already a fresh bug
    Anthony> report, available at:

    Anthony> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/53/53659.html

    Anthony> It seems that the byte order in
    Anthony> /usr/share/locale/zh_TW.Big5/LC_CTYPE is wrong or something
    Anthony> like that.  扂腔芛芫賸ㄛ猁阯橇賸﹝

Thanks for digging out the problem that fast!  The Debian changelog of libc6
says that the package contains the "If it ain't broke, you're not tryin'"
release.  So I think the maintainer is mentally and physically prepared for
a seriously broken package and a timely update.  Let's hope for the best.
:)

Isaac.

--
[ This mail was originally sent to  debian-chinese@lists.debian.org ]
[ and was forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are ]