Re: Debian potato, zh_TW.Big5 locale not supported??

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 07:29:05PM +0800, Anthony Wong wrote:
> |Yikes!  The glibc package has been reorganized, and I guess the zh_TW.Big5
> |locale got lost once again.  Tsk tsk tsk...  Let's see what we can do.  :-)

> 嗯...... This is the third time...

  The zh_TW.Big5 is still there, but is broken, as are other locales.
(e.g. Perl is complaining loudly about my en_CA locale.)  And lo and behold,
there is already a fresh bug report, available at:

	http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/53/53659.html

It seems that the byte order in /usr/share/locale/zh_TW.Big5/LC_CTYPE
is wrong or something like that.  我的头痛了,要睡觉了。

  暂时解决办法∶安装 i18ndata 套件,自行编辑 locale data,范例指令如下,
随便「自由发挥」。  ^_^

	$ localedef -f BIG5_1984 -i zh_TW -u mnemonic.ds /tmp/zh_TW.Big5
	$ su - root
	# cd /usr/share/locale/zh_TW.Big5
	# mv LC_CTYPE LC_CTYPE.bad
	# cp /tmp/zh_TW.Big5/LC_CTYPE .
	# exit

想看看这个坏档和好档有什么分别∶

	$ cd /usr/share/locale/zh_TW.Big5
	$ cmp -l LC_CTYPE.bad LC_CTYPE

  希望这个 locales 套件过一两天会有更正版本。

					东东

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada

--
[ This mail was originally sent to  debian-chinese@lists.debian.org ]
[ and was forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are ]