To: freetype@freetype.org
Cc: Joerg Pommnitz <pommnitz@darmstadt.gmd.de>,
        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>,
        Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com>, roell@xig.com
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Xfsft-1.1.7
From: Juliusz Chroboczek <jec@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 10 Oct 1999 22:08:47 +0100

Xfsft-1.1.7 is now available.  This version fixes the handling of
Microsoft Symbol fonts, according to information provided by Richard
Griffith on this list.

Xfsft-1.1.7 has been submitted to XFree86 for inclusion in the current
3.9.* series.  A patch against XFree86-3.9.16 is available in

  ftp://ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk/pub/jec/programs/xfsft/XF86-3.9.16-xfsft-1.1.7.patch

THIS PATCH WILL NOT APPLY CLEANLY TO XFREE86-3.3.*.  However, porting
it to the 3.3.* series should be about five minutes work for someone
who already has the 3.3.* sources patches with xfsft-1.1.6 (the new
patch is a mere 50 lines long).

I do not currently have access to a machine with the 3.3.* sources, so
I am unable to generate a proper patch for this version.  I apologise
for any inconvenience caused.

There are currently no prebuilt binaries available.

Sincerely,

                                        Juliusz Chroboczek

P.S. Please do not announce this version on Freshmeat before I get a
proper patch against 3.3.*.  I do not want to be flooded with bug
reports saying it doesn't apply cleanly.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
[ This mail was originally sent to debian-chinese@lists.debian.org and was ]
[ forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are also converted ]