Re: Please check EAD DTD Debian package?

Am Freitag, den 26.03.2010, 13:59 -0700 schrieb Jack Bates:
> Here's my Debian package,
> http://www.sfu.ca/~jdbates/debian/pool/dtd-ead/
>
> I'm interested in making a Debian package to install the EAD DTD, and
> register it with the catalog system

Ok, a few hints:

- it seems you created a native package, whereas the changelog and the
watch file indicate, that it should be a non-native package

- if you only install the XML catalog ("local"), then it IMO only works,
if people manually add it to the XML catalog path - you probably want to
add a system/public ID to the system/package catalog too
("root","package")

You can test the latter by using

xmlcatalog /etc/xml/catalog ...URI/URL/Public ID/...

This should return the rewritten location. Otherwise it is not
rewritten.

Further you should test the result using lintian. It will tell you about
some more issues. But the basics are ok.

[..]
> I haven't filled out the copyright, description, or README.Debian yet

Saw it.

Regards, Daniel