Re: RFC: RelaxNG and XML schema schemes packaged for Debian

Am Donnerstag, den 12.11.2009, 15:14 +0100 schrieb Bastien ROUCARIES:
> Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 14:18:51, Daniel Leidert a écrit :
> > >
> > > I don't know very much about relaxNG, but I guess you could be
> > > interested in the isorelax and jing packages.  Don't hesitate to help
> > > maintaining them :)
> >
> > We were already talking about this when jing-trang was in NEW; you
> > remember :) ? But I currently maintain around 50 source packages. So I
> > would like to see some new maintainers interested in XML to step in. The
> > XML/SGML group is currently pretty small.
>
> I have an interest in xml. I could join after my phd defence (aka after
> november the 27th).

Any help is appreciated. Some packages are spread over the Debian
community (like jing/trang) and some are collected under the hat of the
Debian XML/SGML group:

http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-xml-sgml
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-xml-sgml
http://git.debian.org/ (debian-xml-sgml/...)
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-xml-sgml-pkgs@lists.alioth.debian.org

There are also some orphaned docbook* packages. If you are interested in
XML/SGML please check, which packages might be of interest for you or
where you can/want to help. Some topics coming to my mind:

- packaging RELAX NG and W3C schema support (I started relax-ng)
- rewriting update-(sgml|xml)catalog (sgml-base, xml-core)
- docbook-utils needs a lot of love (SGML-related)
- the policies need to be updated and adjusted (especially after
rewriting xml-core/sgml-base)
- of course: bug fixing/tracking

So if you are interested, please don't hesitate to join packaging effort
of XML/SGML related packages.

Regards, Daniel