Re: question about placements in /usr/share/xml

Quoting Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshored.com>:

> Mark Johnson <mark@dulug.duke.edu> writes:
>
> > Quoting Adam Di Carlo <aph@debian.org>:
> >> Does this seem ok?  correct?
> >
> > Yep, seems OK to me. Somewhere in the policy it states that any
> > package that has its own catalog _must_ install in its own
> > directory. Otherwise you get name-clashing with the local catalogs,
> > as you point out.
>
> Ok, I'll have to make some changes, actually, to accomodate this.
> I didn't notice this.

Sounds like you were doing it this way, anyhow. No?

> > I think you could go either way, putting them right in
> > /usr/share/xml or in /usr/share/xml/schema. But you'd still have to
> > give them their own subdirectories because of the catalog-clashing
> > problem.
>
> Strange.  The implication is that stuff in /usr/share/xml/schema or
> /usr/share/entities are not registered, then -- they don't have their
> a catalog.  No?

Really? Is that implied? It isn't meant to be that way.

LIke I said earlier, stuff can go in /usr/share/xml/schema or
/usr/share/entities, but if the stuff has a catalog(s), then it must get it's
own subdirectory. [catalog name clashing, again]

FWIW, you might wanna check out the /usr/share/[sgml|xml] sections of the new
2.3 version of FHS. There are some specific directories that must be in
/usr/share/xml & /usr/share/sgml. Seems pertinent to sgml-data. Here's the link:

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRSHARESGMLSGMLANDXMLDATA

> Well, my new sgml-data 2.0 is ready to go once xml-core uploads.  I'm
> working out commiting this to local CVS then I'll put up a testing version.

Cool. Hope I get connectivity again in time to test all the new stuff.

Mark
--
Mark Johnson        <mark@duke.edu>