rewriteSystem in docbook-xsl XML catalog

Mark,

I notice that the catalog.xml in your docbook-xsl package contains
both rewriteURI and rewriteSystem entries. I'm wondering why the
rewriteSystem entries are there and if they are necessary.

The only circumtance in which I could see them being needed was
if someone wanted to define an entity in a DTD subset in a
document instance (not an XSLT stylesheet) and reference that
entity in the document instance (as a way of including the entire
stylesheet in the document). That doesn't seem to me like
something most people (or maybe, anybody) would ever want to do.

In the case of XSLT stylesheets, they always use the URI as the
value on an import or include statement, right? So the
rewriteSystem catalog entries are never used.

  --Mike