Re: dh_installcatalogs for XML and XML registered sgml-data available

On Sunday, January 11, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Mark Johnson (mrj@debian.org) wrote:
> >> They're given in the appendices of the XML Catalog spec. The most
> >> recent version of which is here:
> >>
> >> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/4952/wd-entity-xml-catalogs-1.0_2e.html
>
> Shouldn't we use 1.0 which is a policy rather than 1.0.2e which is
> only a draft?

1.0.2e is the most current version. They're really all drafts. The
spec will be static when it becomes an OASIS standard. Until that
point every draft is the current working document. (I'm on the OASIS
Entity Resolution TC.)

As Norm (the editor) put it:

  "...there aren't any backwards incompatible changes, it's really
  just editorial clarification, I think."

He didn't change it to V1.1 because that would've messed up the FPI
for the XML Catalogs DTD, among other things. But the DTD hasn't
changed through the revisions between 1.0 and the current version.

Trust me, it's safe to use the V1.0.2e.

Cheers,
Mark
--