Re: Help Wanted for dict-jargon

     Neil Roeth <neil@debian.org> writes:

> I did this, and was able to run the xmlto step successfully, i.e., it created
> jargon-web.txt.  I had other problems because I had none of the programs
> listed in the TOOLS variable in the makefile, e.g., getversion, name-extract,
> wraptext.

     getversion and name-extract were in the earlier version of
jargsrc, which I had downloaded earlier.  jargon-web.txt is almost the
text file I am looking for.  I haven't located wraptext, but it may be
redundant now, since jargon-web.txt is properly wrapped.

     Michael Wiedmann <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de> writes:

> With a 'Makefile' snippet like:
>
> j-web.xml: jargon.xml
>         xmlif condition='web' <jargon.xml >j-web.xml
>
> j.txt:  j-web.xml $(XSLFILES)
>         xmlto -p "-width=79" -m jargon-text.xsl txt j-web.xml
>
> you will get a text version of the jargon file "j.txt".

     I find this creates j-web.xml as an identical copy of
jargon.xml, then hangs after creating a zero length "j.txt".

     Since I can modify jargon-web.txt to produce what I need for
dict-jargon, I think my original problem is solved.

     Is there any automated way to create an info file from a file like
jargon-web.txt?  xmlto doesn't seem to have an info script.

Regards,

Bob
--
   _