Re: why no DTDDECL

Ian Zimmerman <itz@speakeasy.org> writes:

> Hi, at the top of /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dtd/4.1/catalog it says
>
> -- disabled, see README.docbook.dcl --
> -- DTDDECL "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN" "docbook.dcl" --
>
> what was the reason for this?

Because the declaration is not really generally used.  It's the
*interchange* declaration, e.g., for document interchange to make sure
it conforms.  If I enforced it using DTDDDECL then many documents
currently valid would become invalid, and users would be upset about
that.

> the README.* file doesn't seem to exist.

Erm.  Minor bug, file it please.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....<URL:http://www.debian.org/>